At the heart of this research is a simple question: Nutrition can affect our mental state?
You must be thinking: “Dai Rudy, depression is a serious illness. You want to convince me that depression can be cured by changing your diet?”
I know this because I experienced depression. And let me tell you it's a miserable life. If you've ever experienced it at any level, you already know.
Changing my diet was a critical factor in recovering from depression. And still today I continue with this diet rich in anti-depressant nutrients.
Of one thing I am sure and I tell you as a friend; “With poor nutrition, you will never recover from depression”.
Mental health disorders are complex.
So is the brain. And so are the foods we eat and how our body interacts with them.
Your body and brain need the right one “petrol” to give you the strength to get out of depression.
And believe me when I tell you it's very easy to readjust your diet.
It will not only help you out of depression, but you will feel like when you were a child; Full of energy and will to live.
Are you ready?
- But What Are These Anti-Depressant Nutrients?
- How To Eat Properly Helps the Brain?
- Vitamina B6 e Depressione Tutto Quello Che Devi Sapere
- An Ally Against Depression
- Facts To Consider
- Vitamin B6 Is Missing In The Modern Diet?
- Recommended Foods For Your Diet
- Supplements For Your Every Need
But What Are These Anti-Depressant Nutrients?
here they are:
- Folate, Folic Acid or Vitamin B9
- Omega 3 – Essential Fatty Acid
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
There aren't that many.
And I guess you are wondering: “Rudy, I'm not a doctor so I don't understand a thing of what you're talking about“.
Do not worry, I don't talk like a doctor because I'm not a doctor.
“Ciao! My name is Rudy.”
Most people know me because I write about human potential and effective information supported by psychological and scientific notions presented in a simple and concise way.
How To Eat Properly Helps the Brain?
Your brain is hungrier than you think… It is he who makes you feel hungry…. He's the one who squeezes your stomach. He's the one who makes you dizzy when you're weak.
It needs a lot of energy and specific nutrients to make YOU work, correctly.
The brain is like the control unit of a’ automobile. It sends information through the nervous system to the whole body.
But as you well know if you've ever owned a computerized car like a BMW or Mercedes, over time the control unit could give problems.
How much this happens, Your dear car refuses to work or just performs basic functions like turning on the hazard lights.
The same happens to a brain deficient in essential nutrients.
YOU operate at a minimum, badly and in severe cases… there is also DEATH (depressive suicide).
For this, today I will tell you everything you need to know about’ importance of zinc and its therapeutic function to combat depression.
In this article you will find out:
- Vitamin B6 and Depression; All you need to know.
- How Vitamin B6 Helps Fight Depression.
- What are the symptoms of low vitamin B6.
- Facts to consider.
- Because vitamin B6 is missing in the modern diet.
- Foods rich in vitamin B6.
- The best and worst vitamin B6 supplements.
Vitamin B6 and Depression
All you need to know
This nutrient is required for the creation of neurotransmitters and brain chemicals that affect your mood.
In other words, if you feel sad, you may have a vitamin B6 deficiency.
This vitamin helps you keep your nervous system healthy, and your positive mood.
Moreover, vitamin B6 helps the body absorb vitamin B12, whose deficiency is also linked to depression.
But this type of vitamin B offers a lot more for women; It helps a lot to overcome the agony during the premenstrual cycle.
An Ally Against Depression
According to research by Western Australian Centre for Health and Ageing, B vitamins are a valid ally against depressive disorders.
This study was conducted on stroke survivors. However, during this test it came to light that 1 patient on 3 was depressed.
Administer vitamins B6 and B12 together with folic acid.
The outcome of the research, indeed, showed how subjects survived a stroke, that they had taken daily vitamin B6, B9, e B12, were less exposed to depressive disorders.
I personally think there are strong connections between depression and stroke. Tried it in the family.
My mother has been on anti-depressants since 35 years. 3 years ago he had a stroke at a young age of 53 years.
I do not believe.
However, vitamin B6 and in particular folic acid, helps the body to defend itself naturally against depression.
It is also required for proper operation of over 60 enzymes e:
- Participates in the energy cycle that is fundamental for physical activity.
- Transform carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
- Necessary for proper assimilation of vitamin B12 and magnesium.
- Participate in the multiplication process of all cells.
- It must be present for the production of antibodies and red blood cells
Facts To Consider
Here are some key points:
- The daily intake of vitamin B6 is necessary because it remains in our body only for 8 ore.
- All B vitamins are water soluble, which means you cannot store them in the body.
- The human body cannot produce vitamin B6 in any of its forms, therefore it is important to include foods rich in vitamin B6 in your diet.
- Do not exceed 50 mg daily without medical advice.
- The more protein your body uses, the more vitamin B6 you consume.
- Promotes weight loss.
- Vitamin B6 helps prevent Parkinson's and Crohn's disease as well as depression.
- No adverse effects were associated with vitamin B6 absorbed from food, but supplements can cause problems.
- The low levels of the activated form of B6 (P5P) in blood flow are associated with higher levels of the inflammatory marker – of the C reactive protein (R).
- B6 helps you sleep.
- Taking B6 with magnesium helps prevent anxiety associated with premastrual syndrome.
Vitamin B6 Is Missing In The Modern Diet?
Only in rare cases.
This is thanks to its presence in a wide variety of foods.
The only people at risk are alcoholics and people with poor kidney function.
In this case, add supplements to the diet.
Recommended Foods For Your Diet
Some excellent food sources of Vitamin B6 are:
- bovine liver
- chicken breasts
- sunflower seeds
- brown rice
- tuna fish
Some Tips For Getting Natural Vitamin B6 Supplementation Through Diet
The best source of vitamin B6 is through dishes with fresh ingredients.
As mentioned before, no negative effects were associated with vitamin B6 absorbed from food.
Here are some ideas in the kitchen:
- Venetian liver.
- Pasta and beans soup.
- Lemon chicken breasts with lentils and bacon.
- Corianda-style grilled salmon with boiled spinach.
- Banana smoothie with fresh ricotta.
- Roast beef with baked potatoes.
- Halibut with olives and tomatoes.
Tips for Storing Vitamin B6 in Food
Most vitamins are kept when there is less contact with water and a shorter cooking time, notes the extension of the University of Kentucky.
The cooking water released from food contains most of the B vitamins. Therefore, use it in the preparation of sauces and soups.
Supplements For Your Every Need
Before throwing yourself into the purchase of supplements, slow down.
Only in cases of severe deficiency may it be necessary to resort to supplements.
No adverse effects were associated with vitamin B6 absorbed from food, but supplements can cause problems.